Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Last Chance to See? - UPDATED!

Last Chance to See? - UPDATED!

UPDATE: If you were very generously thinking of schlepping up here on Sunday, hold your horses! Current plan is to discharge me into Dad's care at home (in the US) on Sunday, for transfer to the UK on Monday. As a result, Sunday visits (to home or hospital) are very ill advised... but fret not: I shall return! In the meantime, I have the joys of bladder training and straight catheters to occupy me this week. The days are simply packed!

So, it turns out that the hospital will under no circumstances discharge me to my apartment before I've undergone a month or two of rehab. 

They will only discharge me to the care of a parent and an immediate airplane to the UK, and thence rehab.

The other concern for the men and women in white coats is that there are a number of nasty infections on the ward, and I'm also in danger here (antibiotic-resistant urinary tract infection? No, thanks!) I share their concern!

The upshot is that at some point in the next week or so, I will get the airplane/wheelchair treatment and be back to the UK for a while. My intention is to return before my residency is threatened, but that may be a challenge.

If you're in the NYC area and have a chance for a quick trip up town, it would be a pleasure to bid you a temporary farewell.

-Alexander

P.S. I make no apologies for the histrionic header: I had a stroke: sue me! ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please say what you're thinking, be excellent to each other, assume the best in other people, and just don't be a dick!