Tuesday, November 1, 2011

3 Weeks

3 Weeks and Counting.

It's been exactly 3 weeks since my first strokes and things are generally interesting.

Physically there are continual, gradual signs of progress in most areas, with the exception (apparently) of my eye muscles.Today I shall make a first attempt at stairs, which are a pre-requisite for discharge.

Mentally, I still seem to be about as compos mentis as ever, although I find long paragraphs visually a bit difficult: my eyes lose track at about the fourth line, I can usually bully my way through, but it's tiring.

Emotionally, I seem to have short-circuited a couple of feedback loops that,e.g. prevent me from laughing at my own jokes, so I can, I fear, come across as a gauche loon. I am also rather more prone to sentimental blubbing.

Practically, I am in a sort of pre-discharge limbo while we figure out how best to arrange some sort of rehab. I'm safe and secure in Mt Sinai for the time being, hoever.

While preparing this, I took my first stairs more-or-les successfully: four steps down were enough to tire my right leg out, which is a little ridiculous.No going home for me today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please say what you're thinking, be excellent to each other, assume the best in other people, and just don't be a dick!