Friday, January 25, 2013

A Reunion Tale

I went to the 6th Annual NY reunion of the GSMD, from which I graduated way back in 1997. It takes place when the school holds New York auditions, and it was fun to see my teacher, Martin, who was one of the only people I actually knew there. I think they have it at the same place every year, but I hadn't been since the first one, and asked one of the staff if the party was in the same room downstairs.

He behaved as though he thought I was a cretin, (and didn't know how to talk to cretins).

It doesn't bother me so much now, because I can't affect other people's perspectives, and there's no point in getting mad. I am vain, though, so I have been known to wear my fancy Keble College, Oxford sweatshirt (where I got my first degree), to try and forestall the assumption that facial paralysis automatically means retardation. It doesn't work.

Still, I got to sing the praises of the Acting program's training, without which I think I would have had a much harder time, and the food was tasty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please say what you're thinking, be excellent to each other, assume the best in other people, and just don't be a dick!